Tuesday, April 24, 2012

need advice for couple in their 50s

I%26#39;m thinking about sending my parents on a trip to vegas. Neither they nor I have been there. They are not big gamblers but since I cannot afford to send them to Europe, I thought this maybe the next best thing. I was looking at Paris but didn%26#39;t know what the crowd was like. I%26#39;m thinking about 3 night/4 days package. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Also, how much money should be alloted for food and drinks? I%26#39;d like to send them to one nice resturante at least. Thanks.

need advice for couple in their 50s

That%26#39;s a nice present for them. If you give me an idea of what they like in Maryland, I can direct you to the best (in my opinion) since I am in that age group and also know a lot about Maryland.

need advice for couple in their 50s

Well, I don%26#39;t know that Paris Las Vegas is any substitute for Paris, France :) However, it is a nice hotel and probably somewhere your parents would feel comfortable. There is a lot to do besides gambling. However, I think you should let your parents take care of their restaurants themselves. You are being quite generous enough paying for their hotel and airfare, and besides, they might enjoy researching Las vegas restauarants and plannign their own reservation - especially if you get them started with a list of suggestions :)

Restaurant prices in Vegas run the gamut, but an elegant dinner for two can easily run you $100.


That $100 is without drinks, just the basic salad and entree. If you want more, then it would be $150+.

I agree, let your parents research the restaurants. If you want to pay for the meal, you can give them a Visa gift card or an American Express one to use on their special night out! Or, you could book tickets to something like O or Mystere for them.


We stayed at the Paris 3 years ago for my husband%26#39;s 50th birthday and loved it so much we%26#39;ll be staying there again come July. Your parents will have a great time there. It%26#39;s a beautiful hotel with excellent restaurants and the location can%26#39;t be beat. You don%26#39;t have to be a big gambler in Vegas, though I defy anyone to go there and not gamble at least a bit, but there are plenty of things to do and see there, many of it for free.

The first time we went to Vegas was for 4 nights and we crammed a lot into it. Two shows and an airplane tour over the Grand Canyon, along with visiting the strip and Fremont Street. You might think about getting them tickets for a show or pay for a tour instead of paying for a restaurant. A lot of times when we%26#39;re there, we eat wherever we happen to be, so it%26#39;s nice not to have to get back to someplace to make a reservation. If you wanted to just give your folks the cash for a nice dinner though, I%26#39;d say $150 should cover it for two people.

BTW, I think you%26#39;re a really sweet kid to want to do this for your parents. *G*

:-)

Slix


I%26#39;m 54 and really liked Paris. But everyone%26#39;s different. I probably have the maturity of a 13 year old, so I%26#39;m comfortable almost anywhere, lol!

Paris is centrally located so they can walk to many close hotels and enjoy the views, andf enjoy the many dining choices.

Tons of great shows for them to see also.

I just saw Spamalot and loved it. Loved MamaMia too if they like Abba music. Many cirque shows, Phantom, etc....

Lots of shopping at the Forum Shops next to Ceasars, and the Canal Shops in the Venetian.

So much to do they%26#39;re going to have a great time.

very nice of you to get them this present...

Want to adopt me? lol


They would probably enjoy Frank and Barbara plus the Rat Pack.

Ticketsfor those can be had at 2 for1 and won%26#39;t set you back much.


Probably like the Beatles%26#39; Love.


Thanks for the quick reply. My parents really don%26#39;t do much except work around the house most of their time. There%26#39;s been talk about wanting to travel lately so I figure what the heck. They deserve it. This will be their mother%26#39;s and father%26#39;s day present. I%26#39;m trying to find something quick, perhaps early June. I read that it gets really hot in July and August. So far, Paris looks like the best option. I was thinking Bellegio but looks like it%26#39;s out of my budget. Are there other hotels I should look into? I was going to try to squeeze in dinner and maybe a helicopter or plane trip to the canyons. One of my dads dream, to see the canyons. I read somewhere on the board that it%26#39;s about 250 bucks per person, please correct me if I%26#39;m wrong. I%26#39;m a full time stay at home mom so I don%26#39;t have a lot of money and this will also be my mothers day present. Any info is really appreciated.


would they enjoy a cruise more than a trip to Sin City ?


Lorance wrote.

I%26#39;m 54 and really liked Paris. But everyone%26#39;s different. I probably have the maturity of a 13 year old, so I%26#39;m comfortable almost anywhere, lol!

Paris is centrally located so they can walk to many close hotels and enjoy the views, andf enjoy the many dining choices.

Tons of great shows for them to see also.

I just saw Spamalot and loved it. Loved MamaMia too if they like Abba music. Many cirque shows, Phantom, etc....

Lots of shopping at the Forum Shops next to Ceasars, and the Canal Shops in the Venetian.

So much to do they%26#39;re going to have a great time.

very nice of you to get them this present...

Want to adopt me? lol

Well pick me up off the floor and slap me with a wet fish.

Not one mention of the LIONS DEN.

What happened Lowerance,this months pay check for your internet advertising job not arrive.

Back on topic.The Paris would suit your parents fine.

Budget for food varies.The Paris breakfast buffet is highly rated at $15 and would keep hem going till evening .After that they can have a meal for $6 (steak dinner) up to $150 and more with loads of options in between.

Beers can be got for $1 other drinks run the gamut of prices,depends on what atmosphere your parents are comfortable in.

The dearest drinks are often the free ones you get while gambling.

  • olay cream
  • web hosting plans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment