Friday, March 30, 2012

Gospel Brunch at HOB

Has anybody been, I am not religious but it sounds a nice way to spend a sunday morning.

Thanks

Gospel Brunch at HOB

We went to the one here in Chicago. It was a nice way to spend a Sunday morning indeed! The music and food were both good, but I think some of the Sunday Champagne bruches in Vegas are better (minus the entertainment obviously). If you are staying on that end of the Strip, it might be worth checking out for you. If you are more central, I would try Spice Market, Paris, Bellagio, or the Sterling Brunch instead!

Gospel Brunch at HOB

Just saw the gospel brunch last Sunday (Mothers Day). I very much enjoyed it.

Yes it is gospel. They encourage you to clap along, wave your red napkins and all that. I did. My two friends at my table didn%26#39;t. Across the venue most did and some did not. I don%26#39;t think either group would feel out of place.

It is not ';preachy';. There are no sermons or efforts to convert. The songs are upbeat and are about giving thanks to the Lord. The interludes between musical numbers was also about giving praise and thanks to Jesus.

In summary, there is a strong religous presence, but my group did not find it overwhelming.

Other comments:

It is a buffet. The food was good, but a little lukewarm. I attended the noon showing and it had both breakfast and lunch offerings. I also paid $12 for all you can drink mimosas.

Assigned seating. Even with assigned seating, I recommend getting to the doors 10-15 minutes before the lines start. This will give you a head-start on the buffet.

The on-stage talent consisted of a small band and a lead singer with backup vocals. A hostess also did a few numbers.

It was a full house. As I said it was Mother%26#39;s Day, and I have the feeling a lot of locals took there Mom%26#39;s to this show.

I enjoyed it and would go again. The cost of the show is a few dollars more than the cost of a traditional Sunday buffet, and in return you get assigned seating, less lines, and a good performance. The music was refreshing and lively.

I hope that helps.

  • oil companies
  • social so po
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment