Friday, March 30, 2012

Manchester to LAs Vegas

Hi





Can anyone recommend a flight from Manchester to Vegas in mid july? preferably direct





I have seen BMI and Mytravel advertise, anybody any other option?





Has anybody flown the route with Mytravel or BMI? Would you recommend it?





Rough prices?





Thanks





Stuey



Manchester to LAs Vegas


Just back from a non-stop bmi flight from MAN to LAS. The flight was fine, no complaints even though it was 2-1/2 horus late in leaving for the return leg. Food was OK, just usual airline food. They charge for alcoholic drinks, soft drinks are free.





We paid more than we should have this time, but I was desperate to book it. £640 each inc the addtional APD, booked on 1 December. Booked on 3 January to go back in November and got a special promotion price of £389. Brother and his wife are going in a couple of weeks and booked 8 weeks ahead at £586.



Manchester to LAs Vegas


Forgot to mention, the breakfast coming back was only a small bowl of fruit, a blueberry muffin and a yogurt, nothing hot.






Paid £589 to fly direct both ways with BMI in June.



On previous visits have flown via Chicago both ways a rush on the inwards only 11/2 hr gap inbetween flights outbound no probs 31/2 hr



gap. Last year to keep flight costs down flew direct to Vegas with BMI and back via Chicago United Airlines then BMI from Chicago to Manchester.



Direct flights are the best option but you can usually get flight costs down if you are willing to change in the US.



Not sure about mytravel, heard some sketchy reports but never used them myself.




I am flying BMI in mid July to LA via Vegas, where I will be staying fora couple of nights. Paid about £550 for the flights with Opodo.





I think the only direct flights from Manchester are BMI and Mytravel, and generally speaking Mytravel seemed to have cheaper prices but didn%26#39;t fly on the days I wanted.





I%26#39;ve heard good things about BMI generally. When I was looking at prices for my trip (and to be fair I had to be very specific about days and wanted to stay in Vegas before heading to my final destination) I found that Vegas flights tended to be rather expensive in comparison to other US cities.





In terms of indirect flights, less than 11 hours direct, or up to 20 hours indirect with the prospect of transferring through busy US airports, I wonder if you would have wished you%26#39;d paid to fly direct once you are actually doing it?





The BMI flight time gets you into Vegas at a decent hour too, about midday or a little earlier? More Vegas fun time. :)




You could also try checking out Asda travel and expedia. I%26#39;ve found them to give excellent prices for travel in the US




Hi Stuey





We fly with MyTravel every year (5th time in 7weeks), and have never had any problems. They only fly out to Vegas on a Sunday or Weds, but flight times are good. We have not been delayed (yet!!!) You do have to pay for all drinks and any snacks, but the meals they provide are quite nice. We flew last year Premierair Gold, but to be honest you pay the extra £200 pp for free drinks and 4'; more leg room, not really worth it, so we are just flying normal class this year.





If you look on Going Places website they have holidays in mid July for 1 week to Vegas for about £700 flight %26amp; Hotel staying at Luxor or Monte Carlo, both of which are good hotels.





If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. :-)




I%26#39;ve just booked flights with MyTravel.com for my first trip to Vegas from Manchester 11th July for a week £324pp inc Taxes was impressed to say the least.




Have flown BMI before and have always been impressed with their service. This June (only 4 weeks to go - hoorah) we have booked US airways flights from Manchester to LV. There is a change in Philadelphia but we ave done it before and it is OK. Flights are much cheaper this was - we paid £380 I think and booked via Travelbag. I am travelling this time with my mum who is in her 70%26#39;s so to be honest a break in the flight is a good thing for her. The other plus I have found re breaking up journey to LV is that the airport there always seems packed and quite chaotic - so to clear immigration / customs at the hub airport is usually a plus.




going to vegas for 1 week on 20th june, going with my travel, booked to go direct fom manchester to vegas, however just got a letter informing us that it is direct going but coming back via Glasgow




Hi



I am going with BMI (first time)in June to Las Vegas, got direct flights for £416 through E-Bookers,I booked my flights in March after watching prices on various sites, although the prices have steadily risen since.



I have flown long-haul twice with Mytravel, once to Jamaica, once to Mexico all I can say is NEVER AGAIN, total fiasco both times, lets say I would rather not go on a holiday if the only available flights were with Mytravel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment