Wednesday, April 18, 2012

TR May 10-13th Caesar's and more...

I will post my report as a reply



TR May 10-13th Caesar's and more...


Ok, here goes.... this may get long...







Well we started off flying on Allegiant from DSM... we did not pay to pick our seats. But the lady at DSM ticket counter was very nice and put all of us next to each other. And my girlfriend that I was staying with next to the window since this was her first flight ever. We then went through security and onto the bar. I must say Des Moines pours good cocktails at the airport. :) We%26#39;re all in a good mood and can%26#39;t wait to go!!!





Take off time... we%26#39;re in the air. Girlfriend is doing ok so far with the flying. We get drinks and snacks on the plane. And yes, they do nickel and dime you for that. But, hey, you%26#39;re going to Vegas! FYI, you can also buy your Monorail passes on the plane too. The 10 ride shareable one for $28 instead of like $35. We did that and with the money saved it covered the snacks we bought. They did do the seat lottery on our plane. TWICE! First time with $1 bills and the second with $5 bills! I didn%26#39;t win unfortunately. But I do know that the person who won the $5 won got like $400!!! Lucky...





Ok, as we%26#39;re coming down in Vegas, it starts to get a little bumpy. And then a little bumpier... Now I%26#39;ve flown A LOT and turbulence doesn%26#39;t bother me all that much anymore. But, my girlfriend on the other hand was turning an interesting shade of green. I showed her where the barf bag was just in case! She%26#39;s a trouper tho, we made it on the ground without any incidents!!! :)





My 3 girlfriends and I made it off the plane and down to the baggage claim, we left two of the girls and the other one and I went to check in at our hotel at the airport. Now, we had booked two classic rooms at Caesar%26#39;s. Good, great, grand, wonderful. The lady at the counter is super nice and asks if we%26#39;d like an upgrade to the Palace Tower for $120. I look at girlfriend who%26#39;s with me and we both shook our head. Little too expensive for our blood. Then the lady hemmed and hawed and made a phone call. She could get us the Palace Tower for $60 extra a night for both rooms!!! SWEET deal!!! We do it and we%26#39;re off to the baggage claim to see how the other girls are fairing.





Low and behold all our bags are there and off the turnstile! Whoo Hoo! We head to the taxi stand and man was it flippin HOT outside. Was 110 on the strip on Thursday. We get in our cab and I politely tell the gentleman Caesars and no tunnel please. Got us there for like 12 or 13 bucks with a 3 buck tip we were out of the cab.





Now, Caesar%26#39;s was impressive! I%26#39;ve been through it on my last trip but never really got to absorb much. The lady at the desk moved our rooms around again so we could get better views in the Palace Tower. My friend staying with me - our view was of the pools. Very nice... our other friends got a smoking room on the 20th floor and they also had a view of the pools and the fountains at the Bellagio. LUCKY! But, since this was my last trip smoking, I figured a non-smoking room would be good for me. (btw, had my last cigarette waiting in line for a cab at Caesar%26#39;s at 5 a.m. yesterday! - G/F%26#39;s watched me throw the rest of them away right there. - so far, so good...)





Our room was KICK BUTT!!! Entryway - 2 bathrooms, double head shower, whirlpool tub, 2 queen beds, plasma tv... just a really really nice room. Nicely decorated and clean. (i will do a review of the hotel and post pics later this week).





So we dump all our stuff off at our room, jump on the beds a little bit (yes I%26#39;ll be 28 in a few days but there%26#39;s nothing like jumping on a hotel bed!!! :)





We head down and eat at the Augustus Cafe off the Lobby and we all had burgers and an appetizer. Food was good. Cooked how we wanted it, service was good. No complaints here.





After we eat, we head back twards our room, stopping to gamble a bit at the slots. Not big wins at Caesar%26#39;s, their stuff was tight for me.



We get ready to go out and hop the free shuttle to the Rio (that%26#39;s for that tip all!) to go see the CHIPPENDALES!!! :) Now that was an entertaining show! Drinks were a little expensive in my mind ($12 for a jack %26amp; diet) but, hey it%26#39;s Vegas right?! After Chippendales we head over to the VooDoo Lounge and we get in for free due to the passes they have on their website!!! So we climb in the elevator and I proceed to sit on the floor. I get Vertigo really bad at times. Especially on glass sided escalators and elevators like the one that goes up to the Lounge. BUT, I made it to the top and was I rewarded with a view!! My friend and I ordered a witch doctor to share and man was that GOOD!! (thanks again for that tip). My other friend just had a beer and the other friend couldn%26#39;t make up her mind. So, the bar tender asked her what kinds of stuff she drank and he made her something up off of that. I don%26#39;t know what it was but it was tasty!!!





Now my only complaint about Vegas clubs is the lack of seating. I really hate the fact that you HAVE to have bottle service to get a chair. Chicago isn%26#39;t near that bad!





Ok... I guess I%26#39;ll make this the end of part 1 and start part 2 up!







TR May 10-13th Caesar's and more...


Sounds good so far! Good upgrade, sit together on the plane. Although I think next time remind me NOT to be eating when you do a TR. Glad your friend DIDIN%26#39;T throw up in the barf bag!



I watched the elevators at Rio so many times when I stayed at Bellagio. I think I was mesmorized maybe even by the color of the building!



Glad you enjoyed the witch doctor!




LOL Lowrance... sorry about that!!! :)




Good start so far.




WOW.....what courage to quit smoking on your Vegas trip!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment