Saturday, April 21, 2012

Trip report- part 3- say WHAT?? The contest

Ok- so I didn%26#39;t do too well in the slot tournament- my three scores ended up being 10,000 points lowet than the first place winner- oh well- I still got $25 in free play- this was the lowest prize and every entrant was guarantedd at least that amount- i would have preffered the $10,000 cash and $5,000 free play top prize.....

Not to worry- I had my hat!! i actually made it in one piece from NY-I%26#39;ll try to describe it- it was a basic white wide brimmed hat - I added a colorful silk scarf around the bowl- I also added alot of 2'; colorful confetti which were jockeys on horses, some win, place, and show tickets, a floral piece in the front, some winning words like champ, victory, etc. I then had two pennant flags- one said Kentucky Derby, the other ';talk reel derby to me';(the theme of the tourny) these also had the confetti on it as well as the jockey silks(my husband carefully cut them out of the paper and i ran them along the top of the pennant)

In addition, I had some shiny stars and running down the ';tails'; of the scarf I attached the fake 20 dollar bills- the last thing was an arrangement of strs and streamers that stood up on the back of the ';bowl'; all shiny mettallic-mylar material-

Now to me there were many things Kentucky derby race related-

Anway- we entered the luncheon- it was very nice- met some nice couples- saw other hats- alot of nice ones and some which were not....

A total of 50 hats were entered- a quick parade past 3 judges- no opportunity for them to really see all the detail on some of the hats- they picked the 5 finalists-all from the last 15 or so who parades past them-I of course was number 16-

No sour grapes BUT- the finalists were notthe best choices in some cases- one had a shower curtain around his head with a guy sitting in a bathtub on a hat on his head-HUH- ummm Kentucky Derby theme?? he made it into the final 5 but no prize

Another was a black hat with a little bubble maker, a toy slot machine, and a pair of fuzzy dice-HUH!! KENTUCKY DERBY THEME????!!!! This person won 3rd place and $1000 free play

Another was a plain white hat with four ribbins down the back which said 1st place winner, etc- and a few fake roses- final 5 but no prize

Second place winner was a white hat with an arch of roses on it and a plastic horse glued on- ok kentucky Derby theme but not too creative

First place was a man who made a paper mache%26#39; jockey about 2 feet high-with the rear end of a horse out the back- he propped it on his head and supported it with some kind of shoulder things- kentucky derby theme and creative-not a hat though- he won the $2500 free play

I thought it was just me but seems there were alot of people very disappointed and a bit angry that the judges picked some of these finalists when the guidelines stated- original, creative and THEME related- there were lots of other hats entered that should have at least qualified for a final position-much more kentucky Derby themed

The audience used a ballot vote to chose the winners from the final 5 --the people at my table all felt the same as I did and my host later told me that the judges and other hosts got a lot of complints about the judging-

ok- so no big tourny win and no hat contest win- I guess I was just going to have to do it all at the machines.....

rest of trip report to follow-including meeting 2b!!!.

Trip report- part 3- say WHAT?? The contest

aaawww......you KNOW we%26#39;d vote for yours!

Trip report- part 3- say WHAT?? The contest

geeee thanks- Low- just the fact I actually put a hat on was something- I don%26#39;t do hats!! My husband said,';next time'; there is a theme contest- just take it over the top! Guess that means we%26#39;ll be going back to Vegas again!!! YES!!! ( not that I doubted it for a minute)


Aww Jan - sorry your hate wasn%26#39;t the winner. Im sure it was awesome though.

so, how was the pool?

Can%26#39;t wait for more.

more, more, more!

by the way, love Ray! He%26#39;s from Colorado, so we spent some time chatting with him. How was the dreaded construction noise??


ooops, meant ';hat';, not %26#39;hate';. duh


Your hat sounds awesome, can%26#39;t believe you didn%26#39;t get into the top 5. Waiting patiently for the rest...


You were robbed!!!! Hahaha, but sounded fun anyways.


love- yeah, ray is really very nice- I have to say that every staff member we meet at the MC is terrific! Cheyenne and Deborah (32nd floor) are both also extremely pleasant-always a nice word.

The pool was very nice- the wave pool was opened( I didn%26#39;t use it) but the lazy river was still not functioning. Not a big deal to me as my mission was to get some color and drink some margheritas-both missions accomplished I might add.

There was some noise by the pool, but with the music playing it didn%26#39;t bother me too much at all-

It was amazing to see how much progress was made since our Oct visit- we went over to the City center info center in the Bellagio and were told that it takes 9 days to complete a floor of one of the new properties going up- they are actually ahead of schedule. I am really looking forward to seeing the completed project.

No construction noise botherd us in our room- just had a room facing the NYNY roller coaster-

15-yeah I htought my hat was pretty good but I guess not quite enough- oh well.

jackand sally- my sentiments exactly!! haha

well- my son is here for a visit so I will continue this trip report thingy tonight-enjoy your day . Jan

  • olay cream
  • extension to sqltableprovider
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment