Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I just scored a home run on my airfare.....

I booked my airfare with Southwest a month and a half ago for Las Vegas from Chicago leaving May 30th and returning June 2nd. Well I went online to check fares for a friend of mine for October and decided to see what fares were looking like for my same flights. Well lo and behold the return flight had dropped to $54 bucks before taxes and fees. I originally paid over $120 bucks each for my husband and myself for that leg of the flight, well needless to say I got a credit now for $140. Yaaay! Go Southwest. I am so happy. I wanted to hold out for cheaper fares, but my husband was scared they would only go up and that we would find the flight times we wanted. Well everything worked out in the end. I love to save a buck! I don%26#39;t know what%26#39;s going on around that time that the fare dropped that much, but when I looked further out they were back at the same rates as before.



I just scored a home run on my airfare.....


Congrats! That%26#39;s $140 more for your enjoyment in Vegas!



I just scored a home run on my airfare.....


So does that mean if you book flights through southwest %26amp; see the price drop later - they will lower it if you call them %26amp; give you a credit for the difference?? That would be fabulous!




yes, you don%26#39;t even need to call them. You can do it online. One more reason not to book package deals and to use either SWA or Jet Blue when you can.





Good going Chitownmama.




Ding!





hoping SW will hook me up with cheap rates out of Philly!




I did it online and in less than five minutes I had a $140 credit to use towards a future flight. ';I see a fall trip to Vegas in my future'; So hopefully I will recieve some offers when I return for some free or really discounted rooms to have an excuse to go back in the fall. ';smilin';.




that is a consumer friendly policy especially compared to USAIRWAYS as they charge a $100 charge for doing the same thing.




kbell,





Yes, if you find that your flight has gone down, just go online to change your flight and put in the same date(s) and time(s) and it will adjust it for you and tell you how much credit you have. Simple as pie!




nuzzja,





Even if the fare is lower they will still charge a $100? Well that just stinks!






nuzzja- tell me about it! I had a $100 voucher for USAirways, but then when i tried to use they told me that there is a $100 fee to apply credits.





gee- thanks for nothing! SW all the way.




chitownmama, Keep checking , I have changed my tickets on SW 3 times since booking them in March...for LV.... I have now saved a total of $318.00 on three tickets............ This morning the perfect flight 1st flight out in the morning and NS ,opened up at a lower rate for 05/23/07...which really surprised me since its less than 2 weeks aways SW is great can change as many times as you want as long as seats are open.....



Way to go.... on your savings

No comments:

Post a Comment