Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Taking photos in Vegas

I%26#39;ve enjoyed looking at everyones pictures. My next trip is in July and I want to be able to have great pictures, too. So, a new camera is needed. Would like to get a simple point and shoot digital. Any recommendations? My old digital (an original) is too clunky to fit in my small handbag and my old film-in camera is too old fashioned! Time to get in the 21st century! LOL



TIA



Judi



Taking photos in Vegas


I just purchased the Kodak EasyShare C743. I find it to be very easy to use and it didn%26#39;t cost an arm and a leg. It is very light and fits nicely in my Vegas Purse.



Taking photos in Vegas


I also have a Kodak Easy Share - I believe its a C330. My favorite part is it has a nob to rotate for all different photo settings such as night time and action photos. It makes taking great pictures really easy!




Lots of good deals on Ebay. I got a 1 year old Olympus that was $550 new for under $100. A few scratches, but I probably would have dinged it up the first time I used it anyway.




I tried picking up my new Camera from the May 2007 Consumer reports, but everyone was sold out.



For $200 the Sony Cyber Shot DSC W-55, was rated very well for the price in the sub compact range. I got last years display model (The W-50) which didn%26#39;t exactly work too well...



The new one is 7MP with a decent zoom. See my posted pics thread for the zoom to Excalibur from MGM.




I second the Sony cybershot advice - I have one that takes great pix and I gave one to our daughter for Xmas - the new ones are great.





Buy an extra large memory stick or two also.





I like the short MPG movies they take as well.




I have the sony cyber shot 7mp version - fantastic camera but I have to resize all my photes to fit TAs guidelines which is a pain. My printed photos come out great though which is the most important %26amp; it%26#39;s very easy to use.




lol Gray, I accidently took a couple of movies while cussing out the camera.... they do come out well!



Had the 1MB stick.... will take several hundred pics at 7MB or twice as many at lower megs....




Sorry, that was the 1GB stick.





And thanks for the info on posting to TA. Good to know. I was going to post mine to the photo section today...




Here is a link to a WSJ article that ran this week with advice on purchasing a new digital camera:





…wsj.com/article/SB117866381974196399.html…





I personally have a 7 MP Kodak Easy Share that I love. Very simple to use. I print my pictures on an HP Photo printer, which gives me great results.




Thank you all for advice.



Lowrance, Your pictures are great, thanks for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment