Saturday, April 21, 2012

TR May 6-10 Day 5, FInal Day....Paris, MB

See Below.....



TR May 6-10 Day 5, FInal Day....Paris, MB


Day 5....our last day! Woke up in my comfy bed, and really didn’t want to get up! They have very nice “rainfall” type shower heads in the showers at MB. They also had really good shampoo/conditioner/soap type things that were spa/seaweed scented. I was watching the TV in the bathroom while getting ready, and saw that Boulder High School in Colorado had been locked down due to some possible threat. I work in Boulder, so that definitely caught my attention!





Finished getting ready and met my mom downstairs. We caught a cab and headed to Paris. In the cab I asked my mom if she had seen the news, and the cab driver piped in and asked where we were from, etc. Somehow we got onto the NBA thing in Vegas, and he told us absolute horror stories of that weekend...I’m so glad I wasn’t there!





We got to Paris and went to the Patisserie/Boulangerie. Had a quick breakfast sandwich, and then my mom bought some bread and pastries. They have amazing apple turnovers that they will actually survive a trip home in your suitcase if they are boxed up and wrapped in saran wrap. My mom always brings a role of saran wrap with her when we go to Vegas so she can bring some of them home. We played a few machines in Paris, and then headed back to MB. The cab line at Paris was outrageously long, and we were cutting it a bit close with our checkout time at MB, so I suggested we walk over to Bally’s to see what it was like there. Good choice, because the line there was short, and there were an abundance of cabs waiting! I seem to remember having that issue at Paris before, so I’d definitely recommend using the Bally’s cab line if you can. Got back to MB, packed up our things and dropped our keys in the box by the elevators. Dropped the suitcases in the car, and then gambled for a few hours at MB. We normally spend our last day in Vegas during a trip here, and we do well here. Went to the players club desk and picked up our $25 free play that was with our hotel offer. I won on quite a few machines here....Slotsky, Pompeii, Floppy Shoes (this was REALLY fun....it was by the bathrooms by the tram entrance to the Luxor). I also played a nickel machine that looked new. It was called Big Game Show. If you get the bonus, you get to pick a spot which tells you how many balls you get out of the “hopper” that is above the machine. I got 2-3 bonus rounds in a row, and pulled out $80 in about 30 minutes of playing!!





We ate a late lunch at Raffle’s Cafe in MB. I had the BLT, and my mom had a tuna melt. My mom pulled out a birthday card that she had forgotten to give my from my sister and I was reading it the server came over to take our order. After we ate, she came to pick up the plates, and she put my fork back on the placemat which I thought was strange. Then she brought out a huge piece of chocolate layered cake with “Happy Birthday” written in chocolate sauce on the plate! She must have seen the card when I was reading it....it wasn’t my actual birthday anymore, but I didn’t have the heart to tell her that.....plus it was really good cake!! A great way to end the trip.





We hopped in the car, stopped at a gas station to fill it up, and headed back to the rental car megaplex. Jumped on the bus and was at the airport in about 6 minutes. As we were checking in at the Frontier desk I put my suitcase up on the scale. The guy looked at my tripadvisor luggage tag (one side of it has a large logo of the owl eyes) and he said “Ohh...Hooters! Did you go?” I laughed and said “NO!! It’s from tripadvisor!” It was funny though.....a case of mistaken identity!





We were at the gate waiting for our flight (7:05 pm departure) when all of a sudden we saw a huge plume of smoke from the opposite side of the airport from where the strip is. It was alarming for a few minutes as more and more people noticed it, but then it finally dissipated. Not sure what this was.....????





Overall trip thoughts:



The new rental car place is a little more painful than the old one, but really not bad.





Love the changes at the Golden Nugget. The $15 VIP option for check-in is absolutely worth it!





If you wear a speedo to the pool...please wear shorts over it until you get to the pool! =)





I will definitely visit the Orleans again!





Great cocktail service at Bellagio and Mandalay Bay.





If you like cirque shows.....definitely see “O”! The Loggia seats were great!





New Gold Rooms at Mandalay Bay are pretty swanky......not as nice as the Wynn, but nicer than anywhere else I’ve stayed (Paris, NYNY, Bally’s, Westin, GN).





Pick up the coupon book at Bill’s when you sign up for a players card...has good coupons for all Harrah’s properties in it!





Use the cab line at Bally’s instead of Paris if you can....it will save you time in line.



TR May 6-10 Day 5, FInal Day....Paris, MB


Nice report. You two sure covered a lot of ground in your time there! One last happy birthday bit of food, one last win (again!) and you%26#39;re on your way.



Thank you for taking the time to write this with helpful hints for those going....




nice tr CO. i too am taking my mom (vegas virgin) - will be there in less than 2 weeks now! good tip on bill%26#39;s players card and coups :)




Oh great......one more thing to put on my ';to pack'; list......Saran wrap!!!! LOL



Very much enjoyed your TR. Thanks.




Oh great......one more thing to put on my ';to pack'; list......Saran wrap!!!! LOL



Very much enjoyed your TR. Thanks.




Hiccup! Sorry! LOL




Great TR CO. I love reading about all of the gambling.




lol speedo..!




Lowrance......although we covered a lot of ground, we didn%26#39;t make it to your stomping grounds the MGM.....we%26#39;ll definitely visit there in August. Thanks for the happy birthday wishes....it was a great trip! Ha...my mom was also joking her ';blinding white legs'; when she wore shorts as she is Irish...I told her not to worry because ';Low from TA'; had already blinded everyone with his legs a few weeks prior! LOL...





Beantownbabe....have a great trip with your mom...I hope she enjoys it as much as mine does! It%26#39;s such a different city to experience with your parents.....enjoy %26amp; write a TR when you return!





Juwel....I know....who would ever think to add Saran wrap to your packing list? Be sure to put it in your check-in luggage....LOL, I can see that being one of the strange items you%26#39;d have to explain if it were to get pulled out of your carry on!




Great TR. Thanks for taking the time to write and share it with us. I thought I had heard of everything that people brought to Vegas, but Saran Wrap is a new one on me!! Good thinking, mom!


  • olay cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment