Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another hotel question, if you can stand it....

At the rate the hot deals are coming through now, I%26#39;m booking reservations almost as fast as I can cancel the last ones!

We are a family of 4 including twin 14 y.o. and LV is the last stop on a whirlwind tour of AZ, CO, UT and NV this July. I have booked rooms at the Paris, Flamingo and Bally%26#39;s. All at the same basic rate. I%26#39;ve heard that all are clean and well-maintained properties.

Which has the biggest rooms? Which has the best pool? Which has the best offerings for inexpensive breakfasts and snacks (they%26#39;re always hungry!)? Which is closest to the monorail stops? Which are closest to trolley stops?

If you%26#39;ve traveled with kids or know these properties well, which would you recommend?

Another hotel question, if you can stand it....

You%26#39;re asking for trouble........

Another hotel question, if you can stand it....

I%26#39;ve only stayed at Bally%26#39;s, but I can tell you the following:

1. While not the best pool in Vegas, it is one of the deepest, if you are actually interested in swimming.

2. The first time we saw a room at Bally%26#39;s, one of the first things we commented on was how big it seemed. (Standard room, don%26#39;t remember which tower.)


We have stayed at the Flamingo several times and will again in July. The rooms are a nice size. They have a great pool that has slides for the kids. The monorail stops at the back of the hotel. Also, across the street is a place called O%26#39;Sheas and they have a Subway, Burger King and a pizza place for some ';cheaper'; eats. Enjoy!


I don%26#39;t even know where to start on this one. I would not recommend any of those three hotels for families traveling with children, as they are not particularly long on activities for those under 21. Nor is Vegas well suited for a ';whirlwind tour'; visit - most of us feel that anything less than 2 or 3 nights is just a cruel tease of what the city has to offer.

My suggestion would be that you leave Vegas out of your whirlwind tour and plan to come back another time when you can properly enjoy your visit - perhaps without the kids.


Hi vacdiva:

Biggest rooms: Bally%26#39;s

Nicest most well appointed rooms: Paris

Best Pool: Flamingo**

Best place for kids: Flamingo (pool only) as they have a waterslide,but with the **pool parties that they are starting up that include **';bikini bull riding'; not sure if that is the best place. So, personally, I give the nod to Paris

As far as breakfast and snacks, none of them are that cheap, but Bally%26#39;s has a good cafe (sidewalk cafe) that is reasonably priced. If you stayed at Paris for example, you could easily walk thru the mall that connects Paris/Bally%26#39;s to get there.

Bally%26#39;s has a monorail stop but if there are 4 of you, just take a taxi it will cost the same.

To me Paris seems to be the most kid friendly.

Have fun.


Flamingo for the pool would be our choice. While they are all close in location, I agree with the cheap eats at O';Sheas next door.

And no, not everyone who isn%26#39;t a fan of kids in Vegas is going to slam you. Only certain people who insist that those of us who travel without are unfit parents keep the debate going.

Enjoy the trip WITH you family!!


You guys are the best! Thanks for your thoughtful responses. I am still very torn so I am keeping all reservations until I%26#39;ve had time to do more thinking and planning.

I suspect that Stratton misread my post: the whirlwind part referred to touring 4 states, not just Vegas. We will actually be in Vegas for 5 full days and the kids are full-fledged teens, not rugrats. My first trip to LV was when I was 16 and I still remember it as being a great vacation.

Between this forum and the one on Fatwallet I%26#39;ve made some wonderful finds! Thank you again.


Biggest Rooms? Ballys

Best Pool? Flamingo (by far!)

Best inexpensive breatfasts and snacks? None. Pick up some pop-tarts or whatever and keep them around.

Closest to monorail stops? Flamingo

Closest to trolly stops? Don%26#39;t take the trolly, take the Deuce.

Which to recommend? Flamingo by a wide margin. The pool and outdoor area blow away anything Bally%26#39;s or Paris has to offer kids.


Paris is the better hotel of the 3.

Flamingo has the better pool.


Tomvegas brought up the point of the pool parties at the Flamingo, so that would be a negative for me me. In my experience, the pool gets so crowded and full of people the last thing I wanted to do was share water with all of them...I can%26#39;t imagine how much more of a zoo it will be with the pool parties.

I%26#39;d pick Paris for a more themed hotel. True that the rooms at Bally%26#39;s are larger, but I%26#39;d still take Paris. Part of being in Vegas for me is the themeing of the hotels

If you really wnat a fun pool area for your twins, have you priced the Monte Carlo for your stay? While the rooms aren%26#39;t as nicely appointed as Paris, there is a lazy river pool, a wave pool and a quiet pool. The atmosphere overalll is not a party scene, and there are plenty of cheaper places to eat. You won%26#39;t be mid strip, but there is a tram between the MC and Bellagio to get you up there (at least, I think it%26#39;s still running--anyone know for sure??). Just a suggestion as they have released some cheap rates in the last few days.

  • facial hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment