Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best way to get a wedding dress to las vegas

Hello,





I was wondering for those of you that might have gotten married in Vegas to help a soon to be married couple that wants to get married in vegas. What is the best way to get the ';dream'; wedding dress to vegas (and the safest), besides driving it across the country, lol.



Best way to get a wedding dress to las vegas


Carry it on and let them know what it is! Don%26#39;t check it!



Unless it%26#39;s one of those really big poofy dresses that%26#39;s going to take up a LOT of space...





(Did you see that episode of Airline with the checked Wedding dress that got tire tracks on it?)



Best way to get a wedding dress to las vegas


Yes, thats why I was wondering if we can carry it on the plane or not or any other ideas, lol.




I shipped mine, a few weeks before, (my bff%26#39;s parents live there), call ahead to the dry cleans or hotel (where ever you are having it pressed). I insured the heck out of it, but it got there safely. I used the UPS store, they took care of every thing.




Carry you gown on with you. If you ask the stewardess nicely sometimes, if there%26#39;s room they can hang it up in the front area of the plane where the pilot hangs their jackets. That%26#39;s what I did when I got married in Cuba. Then you don%26#39;t have to worry about it being wrecked in the overhead compartments!!! Usually everone is extra acomidating when they see they wedding gown bag so take advantage of it! Best of luck with the wedding.




I had to take my wedding dress to Cancun and these were the best options:





purchase first class tickets so dress can be put in coat closet (if you are sitting in coach and call before/ask once at the airport if you can hang it here they will tell you there is no guarantee as first class passengers have first dibs so to speak)





if sitting in coach purchase a seat just for the dress





You are allowed to carry it on. I would NEVER check my dress as luggage below.




The answer is obvious and takes a man to point it out to you..........WEAR IT ................lol lol lol




Check with your airline.. Frontier would not allow me to carry on my dress becasue it was too big to fit overhead or under the seat.




That%26#39;s why I recommend purchasing a seat just for the dress if it is a large/puffy one. What is another $400 (just guessing an average) or so for the piece of mind that it gets there unharmed.




$400 seems like a lot to me! Check with your airline first, I think I was taking SW and they said no space, sorry, for bringing it on carry-on style. I ended up packing it in my largest suticase, took it out right away and hung it up and it was just fine. It would be a lot cheaper to do that and have it steamed or whatever once you get there then buy a whole seat on a plane!




bean,



I said after I wrote $400 that I was giving an average...I do not know what time of year she is going, from where exactly. It was not meant as an estimate for airfare but used to illustrate my point.





Sorry if it wasn%26#39;t clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment