Wednesday, April 25, 2012

TR April 19th-22nd

See reply

TR April 19th-22nd

Stayed at IP

19th - Flew out of Rockford IL on Allegiant Air. Round trip airfare was 179. Great flight arriving on time.

Arrived in Vegas at 2 and took a cab to IP. Check in was very easy and we were in our room right away. Nice view over looking the pool and nice but small balcony.

4 of us (2 couples) decided to go to Harrah%26#39;s for the buffet. Awesome variety and we had 5 dollar off coupons. Definetly worth the money.

Walked over to Caesars Palace and showed other couple the forum shops (they have never been to Vegas before), then took a shuttle to RIO.

Boys went off to poker machine bar. Newbie was impressed that he could sit there and drink 10 beers while only losing 10 dollars in a machine. They are not big gamblers.

I sat down on a nickel ';snow globe'; machine and played 20 lines times 2. Only hit the button 3 times before I got the bonus which was free spins and on one spin I won 728.00!! Great way to start out the trip!!!

Took shuttle back to Harrah%26#39;s and went back to the room. Long day.........

April 20th -

Woke up early and went back to Harrah%26#39;s for the breakfast buffet. I can%26#39;t say enough about this place. LOVE IT.

Walked around the strip and rode the rollercoaster at NYNY. Great time! Went to MGM and had a great chocolate martini at the West Wing bar. One martini is all I can handle. Walked back to IP from MGM and got ready for our big night out.

Had tickets (bought on E-bay) for Nite Tours Club crawl. We were to meet at Revolution at Mirage. If you have never been there, I highly recommend it. The place is really unique and it has a Beatles theme. There are tables that cost over 150,000 each and have computer programs in them that are interactive. Can%26#39;t really describe it, but worth checking out. Met up with our tour guide Gus was was wonderful. Our itinerary was to meet at Revolution, then go to Voodoo Lounge, then off to Light at Belagio and end up at Mandalay Bay HOuse of Blues for flashback 80%26#39;s night. We left Revolution at 930 and got in a huge limo. I must say that there were about 18 of us and the age range was from 21-57. We are all in our late 30%26#39;s, so we did not feel out of place. Voodoo Lounge was next, and it has the most unbeleivable view of the strip. Make sure you check it out. We split a Witch Doctor drink that was very potent but also very yummy. Highly recommend it! We left there at 1030 and went to Light at Belagio. Very cool Lounge, a little too much bass in the music and really catered to the youngins. Left there at 1230 and made our way to Mandalay Bay. Awesome 80%26#39;s band playing and the crowd was a lot of fun! Left there at 230 and the limo dropped us off at Mirage. We were beat and ready for bed!

I can%26#39;t say enough great things about this Club Crawl. I was a little scared about it being a yound kids thing, but it really wasn%26#39;t. Our tour guide Gus was sooo great!. We paid 45.00 off e-bay for this and it included free access to all the clubs, free champagne toast on the limo, free beer of the limo, and because we mention that this was our 5 year anniversary, we got free t-shirts and everyone in the limo signed for us. If anyone would like more info on this let me know....

Got back to Ip and decided we needed food. We went to the Teahouse and I was so disappointed. Ordered a hot panini vegetable sandwich we arrived cold. They took it back and I think nuked it, becasue when they brought it back I had to wait twenty minutes to eat it because it was wayyy to hot.

April 21 -

We slept in as my husband got a little too drunk the night before and couldn%26#39;t move until 11. We went to Harrah%26#39;s (imagine that) and had the brunch buffet . Did a little gambling at Harrah%26#39;s and killed some time until the show. We went to Vinnie Favarito at OSheas. I totally recommend seeing his show. This is not a show for people who can%26#39;t handle swearing and being picked on. That%26#39;s all he does. I was laughing soooo hard that I was crying. He picked on my husband pretty bad and I thought he was the best comedian I have ever seen and I have to a lot of different shows.

After show we took the monorail to MGM and walked to Hooter%26#39;s to check out the place and have some chicken wings. Great food, but slow. We then cabbed it back to IP and gambled some more. I did okay, but nothing to brag about. We had to leave at 4am for our flight at 6 so I decided I was going to just stay up and gamble.

Flight left today and on time. Probalby the smoothest flight I have ever been on and I have flown a lot.

Can%26#39;t wait to go again. We are alreay planning it!!!

TR April 19th-22nd

Can you please give more infor on The Club Crawl? what,where,price etc...


Here is the website for NIte Tours.

http://www.nitetourslasvegas.com/

It%26#39;s normally 89 per person but Vegas4locals sells them on e-bay. I got two tickets for 45. The site will tell you whats all included. They just started using the limo bus instead of the trolley. Much nicer. Make sure that if you do go that you get Gus as your tour guide. It always incldes 4 clubs but could differ depending on whats going on that night. Gus will also make a stop at the Vegas sign so that you can take pictures. It runs from about 8pm-2am. Let me know if you have any specific questions that couldn%26#39;t be answered on their website. Have fun!


Myranda, what type of room did you have at IP and were you satisfied ';for the money';. clean, etc.

Glad you had a good time, the pub crawl sound awesome.


vegascats,

We got a ';delux'; room. That just means it was redecorated. I ask for a room not too far from elevators and they accomodated me. Room was clean and it was comped. I like having the little balcony as my husband doesn%26#39;t smoke and I can go out there instead of stinking up the room. I know many have complained about the low water pressure, but I didn%26#39;t experience that. They also complain about the elevators, but if you go around the corner from the main ones, there are two additional ones and they are really fast since not many people know about them. Housekeeping staff were very friendly and gave us anything extra we asked for.


Myranda,

Thanks for the TR. We%26#39;ll be at IP tomorrow. Surpisingly enough I emailed and asked for a room kinda close to the elevator. They were kind enough so reply affirmatively and told me we%26#39;d have a room with a pool view. (Not yours, as our room ain%26#39;t the DE-Luxe model.) I%26#39;ve always enjoyed the IP- bringing a friend for the first time and I hope it doesn%26#39;t disappoint us!


Nice TR.

Laughed at 10 beers for $10 in slot play!

Nice win to start!

Nice review on the Club Crawl.

Gald you had fun in Vegas!


dustystacks,

I think the IP is great. I just don%26#39;t care for their buffet or the Teahouse as I have not had good food at either place. This was our second time at IP and I would not hesitate to stay there again. Rooms are basic, but we didn%26#39;t spend much time in there anyway. I don%26#39;t really need any frills in a hotel room that I am not in much. BTW..... We asked for a fridge and they did bring one to our room free of charge......


Myranda great TR and it great to have a win and start of the trip! Any other wins for yourself or others? Where did you catch the shuttle for the Rio and how much did it cost? Did you go across to the PALMS? We often enjoy Harrah%26#39;s buffet as well. I like the idea of doing the pub crawl When you are at each bar do you all sit together as a group or just meet at a certain to go onto the next club? I will check out the link you posted. Sounds like you showed your friends a good time.


So are the beers free while you play?

  • makeup
  • web server software
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment