Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mon Ami Gabi prices and patio questions

We are splitting our stay between Paris and Bellagio and would like to try Mon Ami Gabi while we are in Paris. I looked at the menu on line, but cannot find any prices. Would someone be able to give me a range of appetizer and entree prices for dinner and for lunch? Also, I remember reading something about a patio -- is that a better place to eat? Can you request patio seating when you make the reservation?



Mon Ami Gabi prices and patio questions


Patio seating is first come first served. We made reservations (7pm) and showed up 15 minutes early to request patio seating. Were told the wait would be 30 minutes which we agreed to but the wait was faster than expected and we were seated by 7.





I can%26#39;t remember the exact prices of our meals but we had two appetizers, two entrees (steak with merlot butter) and a comped dessert for our anniversary plus two glasses of wine. Total including tip was around $125.



Mon Ami Gabi prices and patio questions


Patio seating is first come first served. We made reservations (7pm) and showed up 15 minutes early to request patio seating. Were told the wait would be 30 minutes which we agreed to but the wait was faster than expected and we were seated by 7.





I can%26#39;t remember the exact prices of our meals but we had two appetizers, two entrees (steak with merlot butter) and a comped dessert for our anniversary plus two glasses of wine. Total including tip was around $125.




Patio seating is first come first served. Make a reservation then show up early and inquire into availability. We had planned on doing this but it was quite warm so the hostess seated us in the room next to the patio. Great views of the strip and Bellagio fountains plus great air conditioning.





For dinner, appetizers were in the $8-$15 range. Entrees were from $19-$50 maybe. Most steak dishes were quite reasonably priced for Las Vegas, around 23.95.





We shared the scallop gratinee appetizer (unbelievably delicious), shared the soup du jour, a corn chowder with bleu cheese (very good). Jennifer had the filet with rouqufort topping, not on menu but waiter was quite obliging. She enjoyed it but wished it had been cooked just a little more. I thought it was great. I had the Wednesday special, veal skirt steak with au gratin potatoes (delicious). Jenn had a glass of wine from their cool wine cart while I just had iced tea. Our tab was just around $90 before tip and worth every penny. Don%26#39;t miss Mon Ami Gabi. One of my favorites.




hmm sounds good. thanks for the tips, i was just going to show up and ask for patio seating but im going to book a reservation now.




jenn1bill, thanks for the ';room next to the patio'; tip. We%26#39;re going in July, and I think the patio will be out of the question heat-wise. I want to see the Bellagio fountains. It%26#39;s our anniversary also, so I hope we%26#39;ll get the comped dessert!!!




thanks very much for all the responses. We are going in early September and would be looking to book a late dinner, so we%26#39;ll definitely try for the patio. It%26#39;s great to get an idea of prices. I don%26#39;t think we want to spend more than $23 per entree. Also, I don%26#39;t drink (my boyfriend sometimes has wine), so hopefully the alcohol won%26#39;t drive up the tab either.



I do not eat meat or dairy, but it looked like they had some nice salads and dairy-free fish dishes. Hopefully I%26#39;ll find something. I normally avoid French places because of the meat/dairy thing, but this one comes so highly recommended that we must try it.




As others have said, there are no reservations for the patio, but the longest we have ever had to wait (have never made a reservation, but may not be a bad idea) is a half hour or so. Worth it if you can get center seating in the patio, if you are on one of the wings it is still nice, but nicer in the middle.





I see somebody already gave you genral pricing, wife loves the Mussels (comes as an appetizer and an entre), we have also tried the burgers and the Steak Frittes. Great Wine selection.




The salads on the menu looked very appetizing and I think you may be able to get by with some of the seafood dishes. If you don%26#39;t have cocktails or wine, the tab will be very affordable. This is a wonderful restaurant.




I really love the patio. I love it enough to put up with it in the summer, too.... they use misters and it helps cool things enough to make it tolerable... for me, anyway. I love being that close to the action on the strip - it%26#39;s great people watching, as if I were at a cafe in Paris? Well, I don%26#39;t know because I%26#39;ve never been to the real Paris, but I know what I like! heh. I also like being able to hear the music when the fountains run... although the volume varies. The louder the better, especially if they%26#39;re playing Sinatra. :)




How is this restaurant pronounced?





Is it a short o, short a%26#39;s (with stress on the a%26#39;s), and the i%26#39;s sound like long e%26#39;s?

No comments:

Post a Comment