Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Worst experiences and how to avoid them.

As the question asks,this will be good for newbies, personally i have not had any in Vegas

Worst experiences and how to avoid them.

Blisters!!! I cannot say enough about wearing not just comfortable shoes, but broken in comfortable shoes. I wore some flip flops one time that I didn%26#39;t really have a problem with at home. Well at home I don%26#39;t walk as much as I did in Vegas. I got a huge blister and had to fix it and suffer for an entire day.

Worst experiences and how to avoid them.

Losing far more than you planned. How to avoid it? Set a limit and keep the rest in a safe.

Don%26#39;t EVER use your Credit Cards for a cash advantage.

Never take a ';girl'; with a deep voice back to your room.


Getting way too drunk early in the day and going back to room for a nap only to wake up at midnight and realize that you slept a whole day and evening away. This however just led to going out for an all nighter which was fun.


I am going to Vegas June 15 and plan on going shoe shopping this weekend to find shoes that I can walk in all weekend for the next 6 weeks so my feet dont hurt when I am there. I will also bring my sneakers that are worn but VERY comfy! And for anyone going in the summer months.. bring lotion and load your skin up with it all the time. Your skin will get so dry out there!


Don%26#39;t forget to apply twice the sunblock you normally need and limit you time exposed to direct sunlight in the middle of the day. It is very, very easy to get sunburned in Vegas.


1) Stay away from the horrid (Smoking ban post).

2) Know when to stop drinking, A hang over isn%26#39;t fun on vacation, neither is puking in the Plaza.

3) Don%26#39;t do a time share presentaion, unless you actually have an interest.... don%26#39;t waste precious our of vacation at a high pressure, boring time share. (I%26#39;ve never done this.. my sister did, she was MAD)

4) Take breaks from walking in the heat, your feet and lags will thank you.


Worst experience to start and end a trip...a shuttle to or from the airport. Never, ever, for any reason, take a shuttle to or from the airport

Take a cab.

The overpriced monorail rides, with the long walks to and from the stations, definitely not worth it, easier to walk up and down the strip

Going to Vegas on a weekend...bad idea on so many levels it would be hard to list them all

Stay Sun-Thur nights only


Worst experience? Coming back to this board to read about Vegas and finding it has been infected by Operator7.


Call your credit card company and let them know the dates you will be in Vegas.

My wife and I have had charges refused even though neither one of us were near our credit limits (same bank). We were told that Vegas is the #1 place for credit card fraud and that they sometimes refuse charges and until they confirm the cardholder is actually in Vegas and making the charges.


GDive -- wow, this is a great tip -- we typically notify our credit card companies when we travel abroad, but would not have thought to do so before going to Las Vegas -- I put this on my ';to do'; list!

  • guy myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment