Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TR May 6-10 Day 4....Venetian, Mirage, MB

See Below.....

TR May 6-10 Day 4....Venetian, Mirage, MB

Day 4....we packed up our things, and met downstairs at 9:30 am. We went to the VIP lounge to check out, and made sure our Private Arrangements cards got credited for the stay. (NOTE: Although we didn’t end up having time to use the pool, it looks very cool with the water slide through the shark tank! There were a lot of people out there, and they did check room keys at the door. There is a poolside bar, and 3 tables (I think blackjack) as well.)

Got the car, waved goodbye to the Nugget and headed to the Venetian. We self parked in the garage and went to have breakfast at the Grand Lux Cafe. They have such good food here!! I had the baja omelette (avocado, cilantro, salsa, peppers) and my mom had the french toast. Since we were hanging out in this area for awhile I had a pomegranate champagne drink, and my mom had a mimosa....very good. We played for awhile after breakfast, and there is a penny “It’s my Party” machine here that always pays me well. I played it (again, it’s the cute animal theme with polar bears), and sure enough I hit two bonus rounds and pulled out $45! I love when you find machines that seem to pay trip after trip!! We left after awhile to go to the Mirage, and escape the perfumey smell that permeates the Venetian. We always laugh because my grandma douses herself in Shalimar perfume, and the Venetian sort of smells like that. We always walk in, take a big whiff and say “Smells like grandma!”

We walked over to TI and took the tram over to the Mirage. We played for awhile....I have a Hexbreaker penny machine here that always does well for me. After reading one of the forums (I think from Pookaloki) that you can pet Hudu the cat on the screen during the bonus and he growls, I tried it during the mirror bonus and sure enough he growled! I pulled out $30 from this one. We went out the Secret Garden and dolphin habitat ($15). It was about 3:30 pm, and I always think this is a fun way to spend an hour or two. We always miss seeing Gilda the elephant who passed away a few years ago. Now her enclosure just has some silly llamas/alpacas in it. The jaguars were really active this time, and it was fun to watch them. We sat by the dolphin pools for awhile, and saw a poor little kid in a stroller who was burned to a crisp!! His legs, arms and ears were bright red...I couldn’t believe the parents were so clueless! His stroller had a top on it, but they had it pushed back so he was right in the sun. Poor little guy....I’m on the “kids shouldn’t be in Vegas” box, but please people....If you do bring them at least put sunscreen on them! I know someone else wrote a similar experience, so sadly there are more crispy children out there!!

OK....I got my animal fix, and we walked back to the Venetian and headed to Mandalay Bay to check in. We had received offers from our players card for a “Feel the Glow” special...which was $89/night for the new “gold class rooms”, and $25 in free play. When we called to book, this was the only night we could get, so that’s why we stayed downtown for the others. There was a short line at the desk, and check in was really easy. I had asked for king non-smoking, but all she had her queens so that was fine with me. My mom had a king smoking room on the floor below me. We went to the rooms....they were really nice! I’ve never stayed here before, so I don’t know what the normal rooms look like, but the gold rooms are pretty impressive! I was in room 11-218 which had a view of all the pools. There is a huge flat screen tv on the wall across from the beds, floor to ceiling windows, modern art %26amp; decor decorations on the walls. The bathroom area is open from the bedroom area (but there are some doors that could close it off). There is a big soaking tub and a separate glassed in shower. Two sinks, and a TV in the bathroom as well. The toilet is in it’s own little room, with a telephone in there which always makes me laugh! Does anyone ever call people while they are in there? LOL......

I went to turn on the TV in the bedroom and it didn’t work. I also noticed that I had no shampoo, conditioner, etc. Hmmm....I called the front desk to tell them, and the guy was really nice and apologized. He said he could reprogram my keys and the door locks from downstairs and I could just walk down the hall to a new room 11-215. OK...I hung up, grabbed my stuff and walked to the new room. The keys didn’t work. I tried about 10 times and nothing. Went back to the first room and couldn’t get in there either. I went down to my mom’s room 10-125 and called the front desk. The lady apologized and said she’d send up a bell boy with new keys for me. I went back up and met him. As I was walking down the hall he said “I just tried both new keys and they’re working.” I got there, he slid the key in and .....nothing. He tried the second key and...nothing. Finally he got the new keys to work after 4-5 tries. He said they were having some issues with all the new locks and keys. OK...this room was the same, but now my view was of the entire strip which was pretty cool. The TV worked in here, so I was good to go.

I met my mom downstairs and we gambled for awhile. I knew we weren’t driving anymore, so I ordered a long island iced-tea...wow, they are good here! The drink service has also always been good here, and continued to be on this trip. After awhile we headed over to the Luxor via the tram for dinner. We had dinner at the Luxor cafe. My mom had a club sandwich, and I had a grilled chicken sandwich. The food was great, our server was a little grumpy. We also had an orange drop cosmopolitan that was really good! After dinner we hit a few machines in the Luxor, and then decided to head back to MB. I thought that somehow the tram went from Luxor to Excalibur, and then you had to find a different one that went from Excalibur directly to MB. We got to Excalibur, and then got off. Went in and asked a security guy how to find the tram back to MB. He gave us some directions which led us.....nowhere. We ended up finding the moving walkways that go back through Mandalay Place, and eventually made our way back. Is there a tram that goes all the way back that we missed? I’m still confused on that one!!

Went up to bed, and the beds here have new pillowtop mattresses that are COMFY!! I watched TV for awhile, and fell asleep gazing out at the strip!

Day 5 plans.....Paris, then MB for the rest of the day until we have to go to the airport.....

TR May 6-10 Day 4....Venetian, Mirage, MB

Okay, now we%26#39;re talkin%26#39;

The last segment had a 16oz steak and this time a Long Island.... two of my very favorite things... and leave the kid alone.... I like mine well done! LOL


Love all the details. I feel like I%26#39;m right there with you. Good job!

  • effects on relationships
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment