Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Recommended Bars

Coming to Vegas for seven nights at the end of the month for my 40th birthday (with my other half). I%26#39;m busy putting together an itinery, i%26#39;ve picked out the places to eat and the attractions to see but would like a bit of help with the nightlife. I%26#39;m not interested in standing in a queue for two hours only to be told my shoes are last years collection and I%26#39;m not cool enough to get in (I hate techno/dance music anyway). I%26#39;m not dead yet however and I am looking for places with a bit of action and something going on. Heres what I%26#39;ve came up with so far,





Voodoo Lounge





House of Blues





Peppermills





Nine Fine Irishmen





Times Square





Monte Carlo Pub %26amp; Brewery





Gilleys Saloon





Tilt in the kilt





If anyone has any advise on the best nights to go/avoid or any other tips I would be obliged. Also if there is anywhere I%26#39;ve overlooked that you would recommend, please let me know.



Recommended Bars


We love Peppermill Lounge, but I would classify that as more of a laid-back lounge. If you%26#39;re looking for a lively dance atmosphere, others fit better . . . but definitely check out the Peppermill . . . cool, cool place.





You%26#39;ll find lively dueling pianos at The Bar at Times Square.





If you%26#39;re considering Gilleys Saloon, you may be country music fans . . . also check out Toby Keith%26#39;s I Love This Bar and Grill at Harrahs.





Stop by Carnaval Court . . . great fun . . . and talented flair bartenders :)





Seems one night is pretty much like another in Vegas . . . although I understand weekends are busier.



Recommended Bars


It%26#39;s called Tilted Kilt




Definitely Voodoo, you may want to drop Monte carlo BewPub, they used to brew their own and don%26#39;t anymore (dealbreaker for me).




Anotehr vote to drop the Brew Pub. It was good when they had their own beer. Now it seems like just anotehr bar to me. LOVE Voodoo, it%26#39;s been added to my ';must do every trip'; list. If Times Suqare is too busy, the dueling pianos at Kahunaville or Napoleons are also worth checking out.




For rooftop bars like VooDoo...is the wind bad? I%26#39;m sure it varies, but typically in Vegas is there a lot of wind that would sort of ruin the rooftop experience?




Depending on where you are staying, I would recommend sticking to the places closer to your hotel, especially if you%26#39;re planning on going out on the weekend (the end of this month is Memorial Day weekend so it will be even more insane than it normally is)





The club scene on regular weekends swells with what seems like half of L.A.%26#39;s clubbers so you may get some flak for wearing last years shoes though (just kidding but that%26#39;s actually where a lot of the ';attitude'; comes from)





Soooo, dig out your funky duds and wear what you like. If you have a crazy polyester suit from 20 yrs ago, you may even get some compliments. This place is already a freakshow on regular nights.





There are many many bars/clubs to go to, it really boils down to personal preference (music, crowd, etc) If you want to go to some trendy clubs (Voodoo, Rain, Tao) consider buying front-of-line passes to avoid the queue, bottle service is nice too if you are going with a group. Ghostbar/Voodoo and Mix are recommended just for the views alone.





Have fun, happy birthday and cheers!




Not sure if the wind is bad notmally or not. The only time I%26#39;ve been there was a trip that it was so windy we didn%26#39;t see the Bellagio fountains once in 3 days. :o( You can imagine how windy it was at Voodoo. The view was still incredible and we spent a little time outside taking pictures and enjoying the view.




I will be in vegas over the memorial day holiday 5/23-30. My birthday is on the 5/28 (Monday), I have reservations at the Top Of The World and have printed VIP passes which allows me free entry to the Voodoo Lounge before 10pm. I expect the weekend to be busy but does this carry over to the Monday night or is everyone heading for home by then. I just want to check the place out, if it gets too pretentious I%26#39;ll go and have a pint elsewhere. Thanks to everyone who replied and thanks for the good wishes generx. Blagger, Tilted kilt/Tilt in the kilt? having seen the serving staff on the website both could apply (For those of you who don%26#39;t understand the name of this establishment, check the site then give it some thought)





cheers all





Gary




Definitely go to Voodoo Lounge at the RIO, in my opinion it%26#39;s better than the Ghost Bar in the Palms. Look out for people handing out free passes to the Voodoo Lounge. I was in the Venetian one time and passed by a restaurant there that had nightclub passes to the various clubs at their front desk.





Some friends of mine always hang out at the Monte Carlo Pub and Brewery also.





You might also want to try Studio 54 in the MGM Grand. They play 70%26#39;s disco and it%26#39;s pretty laid back, it%26#39;s ';hey day'; is over. There is also a new retro club in the Stratosphere Hotel called Polyster%26#39;s, http://www.stratospherehotel.com/polly.html.





If you like country music then stop into Gilleys Saloon at the Frontier.





As far as Happy Hour specials I always stop in Bally%26#39;s Tequila Bar between 4 and 7pm for their House Margarita special.





If you really want to get a good buzz then go to the Mai Tai bar near the ';back left side'; in the Imperial Palace Hotel and order yourself 2-3 Mai Tai%26#39;s. They make them strong.




Off Strip is the Double Down Saloon voted the best dive bar in Vegas. They have a web site and everyone is welcome there. It is well worth a trip to see a different part of Vegas off the strip that is still in a safe area.

No comments:

Post a Comment