Wednesday, April 18, 2012

December trip: which hotel?

Thinking of booking a trip for my December birthday. Have been to Las Vegas 8 times and always like to stay at a different hotel.



This time it%26#39;s between the Orleans, Golden Nugget and Bally%26#39;s.



Any adivce?



December trip: which hotel?


of those, i most want to stay at golden nugget. i%26#39;ve only stayed downtown once and it was at the vegas club, which was a dive. i%26#39;d love to try a nice hotel downtown. i thought the brunch at golden nugget was very good.



December trip: which hotel?


I%26#39;d go with Bally%26#39;s just for location. But bear in mind that I don%26#39;t like visiting downtown except for a couple of hours and would never stay there anway...




Since I haven%26#39;t stayed downtown in a couple of years I would opt for the GN - btw watch those Dec dates the Rodeo is in town from 12/6 to 12/15 - prices spike during that time.




Dec is the cheapest time to go. This is a chance for deluxe hotel experience at low cost;look for a bargain at something extra nice like Paris, PH, Mirage, Bellagio, Mandy, etc. Monte Carlo and Luxor are always reasonable, and beat your 3




I don%26#39;t know if you%26#39;ve stayed at Paris before but I have a couple times and it was great in December. Plus you can%26#39;t beat the rates that you would get.




of those 3 only Bally%26#39;s would work for me - it is the only strip property.




If you do book for December, prices will be very high unless you book for after the rodeo%26#39;s been in town, it%26#39;s over on Dec 15 this year.




December is when I go crazy in Vegas. Last Christmas, I got a premium Palace Tower room @ Caesars for $95 a night. The year before an Augustus Tower for $100. The O, GN, and Ballys are fine, but you deserve better for your birthday.




If you like downtown, I would give GN a try with its renovations and brand new pool.




Ballys of those three, but I would look into deals as December should throw you something- TI, NYNY, MGM, Mirage, Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment