Thursday, April 19, 2012

Golden Nugget

Is the pool finished?? ive looked and see up until theres water in the shark tank , but is the whole thing finished or not??







1700-10



Golden Nugget


As of December 14, 2006, the pool and shark tank were done. The pool looks great but will not be in use until it gets warmer there in March or April. The Grotto is open, as is the Dive Bar near the pool. No nightclub yet.





Do visit Hogs and Heifers a high end ';biker bar'; near the old Lady Luck.



Golden Nugget


The pool is open and looks impressive. I am going to book there on a good deal just to use the pool sometime this Summer.



Someone reported that the Shark Tank looked coudy.



Well, this is for 2 reasons. The first is that it is a Salt Water tank- obviously and also, there is a medication in the water to help with the stress of transition for the sharks.



I think this pool is an excellent addition to the GN and certainly a new kind of ';attraction';





Meliss~




Um.. I will agree about possible medication, but I have a 20 gallon salt water tank of my own , which is not at all cloudy and neither are any of the shark tanks at places like Disney or Sea World. I hope that once they stop medicating the sharks that the water will be clear- no reason it shouldn%26#39;t be.




It was cloudy but I do not know why.




I was at the Golden Nugget last night, the tank wasn%26#39;t cloudy looking, you could see from on side to the other. A good variety of sharks and other fish. Water slide from the pool runs through the middle of the shark tank.




We were there is April and the water was perfectly clear. I was one of those who originally complained that the water was so cloudy on our December visit, but apparently they were ';conditioning ';the water with something at that time. You can clearly see everything now. I just wish they had some brigheter colored fish as everything in the tank is silver in color. But, I think the bright blue and yellow fish I have loved in other aquaria I have visited are more exotic and perhaps more expensive. The tank behing the check in desk at Mirage , while not as large, is certainly more colorful than the Nugget. It%26#39;s free, so if you go by that way., drop by their hotel registration for a peek.But at least it the Nugget tank is looking better than it did in December! Saw a few people sliding down the tube , but a few folks told us the trip is fast and short and you really don%26#39;t see much of anything as you slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment