Thursday, April 19, 2012

THE Hotel or Venetian.

I%26#39;m planning a trip to celebrate my friend%26#39;s 40th B-Day. The traveling party will consist of 4 guys in their mid to late 30%26#39;s. To help offset the cost of the trip, we would like share twp suites, 2 guys per suite. I have narrowed down our choices to THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay and the Venetian. We will spend a day golfing, a few days by the pool and fill the nights with drinking and partying.

We have all been to Vegas before. The Venetian is my favorite; THE Hotel is another guy%26#39;s favorite. I like the Venetian%26#39;s location better than THE Hotel. I agree THE Hotel (Mandalay Bay) has a nicer pool and swimming is apart of the attraction for picking a hotel, but I believe location is more important than the pool.

What would you do, THE Hotel or a Bella Suite at the Venetian?

THE Hotel or Venetian.

The Venetian.. better location and I just love the V.

THE Hotel or Venetian.

Venetian hands down - if for no other reason, the location is much better. THEHotel is too far south, IMO.

The Bella suites are plenty spacious for two guys. I would suggest staying in one of the renovated suites in the Ventian tower or the Venezia tower. Some people say the walk from Venezia is too far but I actually preferred that it was a little secluded from the rest of the hotel. Ask for a room by the elevator and you%26#39;ll be just fine. Plus, the Venezia suites get turndown service which was great, fab chocolates, turndown, fresh towels, and even a full ice bucket upon return each evening. The Venezia pool garden gets minimal sun but you can use it and the regular Venetian pool. Tao has expanded to the pool deck as well which I hear is a fun atmosphere if you like that kind of thing. Personally, I appreciated that the Venezia pool hours were longer than your average Vegas hotel (7 am - 10 pm) so that I could soak in their great hot tubs before getting ready for the evening.


Flip a coin. THE Hotel has nicer accomodations, Venetian has a much better location!

Seriously, I%26#39;d choose hotel by location if you want to be out partying at night.


Venetian


Venetian would get my vote- better location- closer to the location you wantto be at.


I like The Hotel over Venetian.

Much better environment - small hip hotel, better service, Venetian - much larger, crowded, lots of first time tourists cruising the lobby as you get carded to get to your elevator.

Better rooms and beds

MB pools vs Venetian water rectangles surrounded by concrete (though they did add tao beach)

Location is not a priority to me - I%26#39;ll take a 10 min cab to center strip location if thats where I want to go - not a fan of walking the strip.

Can%26#39;t go wrong with either - my taste is The Hotel.


Thanks for the reply, any more?


Discussed this with the wife...and we have to put our vote in for THEhotel. We are a little biased since this is our favorite property in Vegas though.

But in my opinion, I don%26#39;t really feel the Venetian%26#39;s location is all that great. In our last two trips to Vegas we didn%26#39;t even bother in heading down there. Sure, Mandalay Bay is at the south end of the strip (and I am not trying to defend it%26#39;s location, I know it%26#39;s not the greatest) but I find the atmoshpere of the property pretty enjoyable. Plus, one quick tram ride and you are right across the street from MGM and NYNY.

The good part...you can%26#39;t really go wrong with either, have a great trip.


I prefer THEhotel, the location doesn%26#39;t bother me. I%26#39;m not overly impressed with Venetian but they have renovated their rooms which makes it little more appealing to me. The Venetian%26#39;s rooms are large, very open. THEhotel has true suites, with a separate living and bedrooms. One advantage of THEhotel is that it has a separate half bathroom/powder room that may come in handy for two guys sharing a rooms.


What time of year are you going?

If it%26#39;s for this summer, I think I%26#39;d pick Mandalay, simply because of the pools. It%26#39;s freakin hot here already! ! And, Mandalay has the concerts at the beach thru the summer nights, might look at their website and see if any of the concerts are something you guys would enjoy while you%26#39;re in town. Show up in your swimsuits and flip flops, sit in the sand and listen to the band, swim up to the stage if you want to.

  • a good research survey
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment