Friday, April 13, 2012

Should I split Flamingo and MGM??

Going to Vegas at the end of June...Would like everyones opinion on the following. I have two comped nights at the Flamingo the other two nights I have to pay a total of $200. Should I just stay there for all four nights or should I spend the second two nights at the MGM for 260? I have only stayed at Bally%26#39;s and would like to broaden my horizons. I also hear MGM%26#39;s pool area is excellent! Main question is, is it a hassel to switch hotels in the middle of a trip? Thanks for all your help!



Should I split Flamingo and MGM??


I would say if you have 2 comped nights at the Flamingo then stay there for the rest and they will probably be comped too by the end of your trip.



Should I split Flamingo and MGM??


I am splitting my trip this weekend (5/17-5/20) between MGM and TI. I also asked for info on this topic recently, and the responses where mixed. I plan to write a trip report, so I will let you know how much of a hassle it is, and whether I would do it again or not.




Stay at the Flamingo. It%26#39;s been years since I%26#39;ve stayed at the MGM (can anyone say ';Wizard of Oz';) but for the money, Flamingo is hard to beat. Older property and not as glitzy as MGM but rooms are comfortable, location CAN NOT be beat, pool area is a classic and still considered one of the best in town. I%26#39;ve done the splitting thing and it sometimes is a hassle. If you wanna spend time at the MGM just get a monorail pass and you%26#39;ll be down there in no time. Lots of great restaurants at the MGM but I don%26#39;t like to gamble there. Oh yeah, nothing like getting a perfect margarita to go from Margaritaville and enjoying it while playing at the Flamingo.




I don%26#39;t think the hassle of packing and moving to a new hotel would be worth it. Time is precious when you are on vacation.




personal chocie. personally i would not move hotels - i value time and convenience, i choose a property i love and stay at one location.





others do not mind moving and do so the save a few bucks or experience different properties.





do what you want - no one here knows you or your threshold for moving.




If you really want to ';broaden your horizons'; then go for it.



The more hotels you can stay at, the better. Find out what works best for you for future visits.



But like others said. It%26#39;s vacation, and moving takes up precious vacation time. If you don%26#39;t mind packing and rechecking in at the MGM, then it works for you.



If the MGM room is not ready, then store your luggage at the bell desk as RU suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment