Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thrifty car rental

Hi, I have booked a car for our trip to LV in Sept - I booked online direct with Thrifty and have been sent a confirmation email - however so far I have not been asked for any credit card details or any deposit. I am a little worried that we may not actually have a reservation!

I am in England at work at the moment and I cant ring till later so I thought I would run it through all you experts on the forum - just really want to know if it is normal to book a car in America and not have to give credit card details??

Thanks

Thrifty car rental

yes that is the norm here all you would get is the confirmation number no worries! have fun while here

Thrifty car rental

Thank you - was having a bit of a panic!! American companies are much more trusting than English ones!! Have been to LV twice before so i know we will have loads of fun!!


my pleasure and PLEASE dont give the car rental companies any ideas!!! :)


Yep, totally normal! An in my experience, Thirfty doesn%26#39;t seem to keep track of their can inventory well and we%26#39;ve always been upgraded to nicer cars than we%26#39;ve reserved for free. Can%26#39;t beat that!


Whoops, that should say ';car inventory';


I work for a rental car agency and you got the reservation, just make sure to bring a Credit card with you when get there. Have fun in Vegas!!!!!


Thanks everyone. I do tend to panic about these things - i had images of us turning up and them saying ';what reservation';!! We only really need the car as after we have spent 5 nts in LV we are driving to Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch for a further 4 days and then back to LV - otherwise the thought of driving in LV scares me!!

Thanks again for the advice - much appreciated.


goanew -

You have a reservation, there should have been a reservation or confirmation number given to you. My advice is to make sure you just have that and you%26#39;ll be fine - I always print the reservation out and take that with me, and when I get to the counter I hand it over with my license and credit card, and everything goes smoothly and quickly from there.

And like some of the others I can vouch for Thrifty, they are a great company and (along with their sister company, Dollar) they are my favorite that I always use when I%26#39;m there. It is very likely you will get upgraded if you reserved a midsize/intermediate car, as they do ';run out'; of those very often. Overall, they%26#39;re just a great company with great rates and great service and people.

Enjoy!


Thanks, I am glad they are a decent company - I ended up going with them because they were slightly cheaper than the others. We have reserved a 4x4 as the ranch we are going to us up a 11mile dirt track!!


I have also used Thrifty(along with Dollar) many many times and I never had a problem with them. The cars were always fine and so was the service.

Neither Thrifty nor Dollar asks for credit card information. Be sure to keep checking the website. If the rates go down you can cancel and rebook at the lower rate. I have done this as many as three times with the same car reservation.

  • extension to sqltableprovider
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment