Thursday, April 19, 2012

Weight loss prior to trip!

I started a thread which garnered a lot of interest about 3 weeks ago. As I stated then, we are going in July and I am losing weight so that I can do the Indoor skydiving. My start weight was 268, and I needed to lose at least 38 pounds to be at their 230 pound maximum weight limit.





THE UPDATE:



I have lost 30 pounds thus far. Body fat percentage went from 30.8% to 25.5%. Still want to get that percentage to the ideal place of 14-16%. Now that I know I can do it and that I have 69 days left (but who%26#39;s counting anyway?), I am planning to get to or below 220 pounds. I am working out 4-5 times per week doing 40 minutes of intense cardio and weight training as well. Avoiding overeating and sweets altogether.





Here%26#39;s hoping others are doing as well if not better! Let us know your goal, and how close/far away you are and when your trip is.



Weight loss prior to trip!


Congratulations and keep up the good work.



Weight loss prior to trip!


That%26#39;s really awesome! I am trying to lose weight as well, but just for more materialistic reasons (fit into some better looking clothes and show off a bit). :)





I am surprised the max weight is 230....seems like most men these days are over that. Obviously it has to do with the machine and gravity, but that sure makes for some tall and skinny or short participants!




Great Job Lonsouth!





I am trying to lose weight before my trip too. I only have 25 days left to lose it!




I am down somewhere in the 8-10 pound range over the last two weeks. Started at about 200 and goal is about 183. I am 6%26#39;2'; and have a medium frame. I started shooting hoops with the kids and riding bicycles up and down the street to race them.. I also play tennis once a week for about 2 sets worth. Other than that, I skip breakfast, have a megar lunch of about 500 calories if that, and then about 8-9 or even 10 - 12 Miller Lites for dinner. I do this about 4 - 5 times a week and it seems to work well. The beer makes my tummy fill up so I%26#39;m not hungry. I do NOT reccomend this diet for anyone. It is dangerous, foolish, starvation, and just plain silly!!! With that said, I get to build my tolerance and lose some spare tire. For some reason the ';empty'; calories of beer do not hang around as fat?? Yea me!




You sound like Screech on Celebrity Fit Club....drinking beer and eating bad and still trying to lose weight. :)




You know, I thought that you were sounding thinner these days...





You look mahvelous, darlin%26#39;!




lol BlackjackMark - I am glad you are not recommending your diet to others!!





Kudos Lonsouth!! Sounds like you%26#39;re doing it the healthy way - keep it up!




BJmark, I guess the Miller Lite is a low carb beer, but geez. Do you pass out before dinner?





Good for you lonsouth! You can do it!




Congrats!!




30lbs in 3 weeks or did you start before you posted the previous thread?





Remember losing weight should be for health and for life, not just for vacations. But good job either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment